May 31, 2007

Married to a Rock Star

I think my husband may have multiple personalities. That is the only explanation I have for his behavior. How else do you explain how the same guy who shuffles around my house in slippers, laughs outloud at "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" and "According to Jim", and goes to bed around 9:30 p.m. is also the guy who gets up on a stage in front of a room full of people and rocks out on the microphone? Multiple personalities! Its hard to blend these two people together in my head. It is a little surreal when you watch the person you wake up to each morning morph into a rock star onstage. He stands up there, wailing away on his vocals, playing with the band, dancing around, and joking with the crowd. Who is this guy? Where did he come from? And where does he go at 9 p.m. on a Tuesday night when the other guy is getting ready for bed?

I do have to admit it is sort of fun having a rock star for a husband. He's good. Seriously. He's really fun to watch perform onstage and I am still amazed at the amount of evergy he puts into every show. I guess I have come to terms with being a rock star's wife. Of course, I do keep a bat on hand to fend off any groupies...

For some great original rock 'n roll, check them out: Delta Whiskey Myspace Page

An article on the husband's band: What's In a Name - Delta Whiskey Article
and a podcast to go with it: Poolside with Delta Whiskey - Write up and Podcast

And believe it or not, Rachael Ray and I have something in common (and no, it is not our bubbly personalities)! Both of our husbands are lead singers in rock bands and both of them are playing at Stash's Cafe in New London, CT on Saturday night. The Cringe will be starting off the night and Delta Whiskey rocking out the rest of it.

6 comments:

VampireFaust said...

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds. :)

AnimorphicMania said...

I love "Whose Line Is It Anyway"!
Your husband's music is pretty good, does he have to supplement the music career with a 9-5 job?

kristin1724 said...

Hey there, animorphicamania (whew! that's quite the name). Yes, sadly we both must submit to the daily grind. Instead of 9-5, we work the bright and shiny hours of 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.

AnimorphicMania said...

The life of a rock musician...not sure I could do that. I'm a bit of an introvert. Although if I were to pick the perfect partner, it would be someone who draws all the attention away from me...so rock star spouse sounds grand!! (I wonder if the singer from Evanescense is single? ;) )

Greg Tito said...

NEW BLOG PLZ!

Emily Suess said...

Sounds like fun! (At least on the nights he's playing!) :)