May 10, 2007

I just can't stand it!

I can't believe that I am actually willing to dedicate any of my blogging time or space to Paris Hilton, but I just can't stand it. There is a petition asking for a pardon from the governor of California. And why does she need a pardon? Well, because she got a DUI and then drove with a suspended license. And how did she manage to do that? Well, you see, her publicist told her she could drive. She also signed a document acknowledging that she was not to drive (she claims she didn't read it, but just signed). This woman is 26 years old. If you are not responsible enough to comply with a court order by the age of 26, you have more problems then jail time.

What gets me more than anything else is that there are people out there trying to get her pardoned. The woman drove drunk and then drove with a suspended license. She deserves whatever legal ramifications any other citizen would receive. I read the petition. I also saw James Lipton do a live reading of it on Conan. It is truly disturbing to me. Some quotes from the petition include:

"She provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives."

and

"If the late Former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late Former President Richard Nixon after his mistake(s), we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake as well"

Seriously? Is this complete absurdity or is it just me?

6 comments:

ClearlyEnlight, said...

Well I think they are all off of their rocker.
Although she might like the attention even though it's negative.

confessing7girl said...

hiiiii new about ur blog on blogcatalog!!! nice blog!!! and theres a petiton online to keep her in jail too!!! actually the one to keep her has more signatures!!
http://www.petitiononline.com/ph123/

kristin1724 said...

Oh, I love the keep her in jail petition!!! I gotta sign that!

Greg Tito said...

She provides me with the hope ... of getting a boner.

Carol said...

LOL@Greg!! This is a great post. It is about time that some celebrities find out that they are not above the law. If it were you or I, I am certain that there would be no petition advocating a pardon for us for a DUI. give me a break!

John Pratts said...

I think that she just wants publicity regardless of whether it's good or bad. And I hope that she gets what she deserves.

Blogging Mix
Everything good about blogs and blogging!