August 10, 2007

My New Favorite Word



So.

This is my new favorite word. It is normally accompanied by a question mark or a "what" and a question mark. Other people are lucky enough to find the beauty of the word "so" earlier in their life. Its a little newer to me, but its making things gosh darn super and a hell of a lot easier.

Why do I like "so"? Because I am an exaggerator, inflater, worry-wart. I get all wrapped up in little things and make them so overwhelming that I can't think straight. And then I discovered "so" (and for those of you who made read a certain magazine, I did not find "so" there). I have realized that when my brain starts to freak out, to stop and say, "So?" or "So what?". What could really happen? Is what I am worrying about real or a huge figment of my imagination? I found out that one little word offers an amazing perspective and some great insight on life.

When life feels huge, something feels like you've screwed it all up, or something seems like it might be embarrassing, take a moment and try out my favorite new word. So? What could really happen? So? How bad is it really? So what if it might be embarrassing? It could be fun and might be an experience you will never forget. I'm telling you. It's a great word.

4 comments:

AnimorphicMania said...

LOL, no word better describes a feeling better than 'So'. And that feeling is peacefulness. It's a powerful word that tends to render all other words powerless.

Rudi said...

Great post. I enjoyed it :D. If you're interested in exchanging links, just let me know. If you're not...so? lol

Bob Johnson said...

Wow, I always thought it was "sew what"

EndlessVortexesOfKaleidoscopeThoughts said...

The first thing that came to mind when reading this was the way my baby sister took the word "so" VERY seriously as a child. Because it seemed so powerful when coming out of her older sisters' mouths and stopped her in her 3 year old tracks. She'd immediately run to our parents and tell on us for saying "so". It was total profanity to her. But looking at it from your adult perspective, I see that it is still a powerful word. And funny because I have been using it so much lately to alieviate my tendency toward anxiety and worry. Amazing you've been doing the same. But most of the time it really is that simple and so freeing to find a way to divert your own thought pattern.